- Together, the five largest owners of Chicago’s downtown buildings own 27.8 million square feet which is 20.3 percent of the total inventory. Tishman Speyer’s ownership of 11.5 million square feet in 11 downtown properties makes it the largest owner by far.
- Two of the largest owners – Vornado and The Moinian Group – are in the top five by only owning one property, the Merchandise Mart and Willis Tower, respectively.
- However, Tishman Speyer does not own the most buildings, that title goes to Marc Realty. With its recent acquisition of 216 W Jackson Boulevard, Marc Realty now owns 12 downtown buildings and 2.6 million square feet.
Brokerage, Capital Markets, Downtown, Jones Lang LaSalle, Office Leasing, Property Management, Research
- Site Selection Stories: Toyota/Mazda, Part 1
- The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago’s next era as a hospitality landmark
- Flight to quality and sub-5% vacancy punctuate Chicago industrial’s Q2
- How Rogers Behavioral Health serves thousands around the country
- Will robots overtake humans? The Changing Landscape of Industry 4.0